For Immediate Release
Contact: Anne E. Smith
OAK RIDGE, Tenn., July 27, 2015 – URS | CH2M Oak Ridge LLC (UCOR), the U.S. Department of Energy’s cleanup contractor for the Oak Ridge Reservation, presented awards to seven small businesses at its annual Small Business Awards ceremony, held Monday, July 27, at the Double Tree Hotel in Oak Ridge.
“We are grateful for the excellent support we receive from all the small businesses that are helping us accomplish the formidable task of cleaning up the East Tennessee Technology Park,” said Ken Rueter, UCOR President and Project Manager. “Small businesses are an integral part of our team, and we are pleased to recognize these seven that have gone above and beyond during the past year.”
The categories and winners are:
• Small Business of the Year: Allstate Trailers, Inc.
• Small Disadvantaged Business: Elvado Environmental, LLC
• HUBZone Small Business: Hubbard Trucking Company, Inc.
• Woman-Owned Small Business: Edwards Supply Company, Inc.
• Veteran-Owned Small Business: Strata-G Staffing Services, Inc.
• Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business: A-Z Office Solutions, LLC
• Customer Service Award: Company Wrench, Ltd.
UCOR presents these awards annually to single out companies with exceptional performance, according to Karen Reeve, UCOR Small Business Manager.
“Although we recognized seven subcontractors this year, there are many other small businesses performing outstanding work,” Reeve said. “We are very pleased to recognize the high level of skills and services these companies provide.”