For Immediate Release
Contact: Wayne McKinney
Oak Ridge, Tenn., June 23, 2014 – URS | CH2M Oak Ridge LLC (UCOR) presented awards to eight small businesses at its second annual Small Business Awards ceremony held today at the DoubleTree Hotel in Oak Ridge.
UCOR, the U.S. Department of Energy’s cleanup contractor for the Oak Ridge Reservation, works with a variety of small businesses to perform cleanup work. During this fiscal year, 80 percent of subcontracted work, totaling $78.2 million, has gone to small businesses.
“Small business has played an integral part in our success,” said Matt Marston, UCOR Chief Operating Officer. “We’ve received excellent support from numerous small businesses. While it is difficult to select just a few to honor, we are pleased to recognize these particular companies who have excelled in their support of our work during the past year.”
The categories and winners are:
• Small Business: PacTec, Inc.
• Small Disadvantaged Business: Spectra Tech, Inc.
• HUBZone Small Business: Container Technologies Industries, LLC
• Woman-Owned Small Business: Value Added Solutions, Inc.
• Veteran-Owned Small Business: Technical & Field Engineering, Inc.
• Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business: Firehawk Products and Services
• Customer Service Award: I&I Sling, Inc.
• Protégé: Veterans Contracting Solutions Group, LLC
UCOR, whose parent companies are URS and CH2M HILL, is responsible for cleaning up East Tennessee Technology Park (the former Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant) as well as other sites on the DOE Oak Ridge Reservation.