For Immediate Release
Contact: Wayne McKinney
Oak Ridge, Tenn., June 12, 2013 – URS | CH2M Oak Ridge LLC (UCOR) presented awards to
eight small business at its Inaugural Small Business Awards ceremony, held Wednesday, June
12, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Oak Ridge.
UCOR, the U.S. Department of Energy’s cleanup contractor for the Oak Ridge Reservation, has
subcontracted more than 70 percent of its work to small businesses, exceeding its subcontracting
commitment to DOE.
“We are grateful for the excellent support we receive from all the small businesses that support
us,” said Leo Sain, UCOR President and Project Manager. “They are an integral part of our
work, and we are pleased to recognize these eight small businesses that have gone above and
beyond during the past year.”
The categories and winners are:
• Small Business of the Year: Metal Solutions Design and Fabrication, LLC
• Small Disadvantaged Business of the Year: Scientific Sales, Inc.
• HUBZone Small Business of the Year: Strategic Packaging Systems, LLC
• Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year: Lynx Supply, Inc.
• Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year: Stowers Machinery Corporation
• Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year: BES Technologies, LLC
• Customer Service Award: Foust Diversified Solutions, Inc.
• Protégé of the Year: Transportation, Operations and Professional Services, Inc.
UCOR plans to present these awards annually, according to Vince Maivelett, UCOR Project
“Although we recognized eight subcontractors this year, there are many companies out there
doing exceptional work,” Maivelett said. “UCOR feels very strongly about recognizing the
exceptional skills and services these companies provide, and we are especially pleased with the
eight subcontractors we are honoring this year.”