UCOR celebrates small business excellence at an annual awards event. Since the UCOR contract was awarded in 2011, the company has subcontracted more than $1 billion of its work, and more than 80 percent of that total went to small businesses.
Did you miss the Oak Ridge Small Business Diversity Summit? You can view the recorded session on YouTube here.
Subcontractors Play Key Role in UCOR's Mission
UCOR partners with numerous subcontractors and suppliers to perform work across the Oak Ridge Reservation. These partners play a critical role in supporting UCOR’s mission and are important to the overall success of the environmental cleanup program.
We rely on subcontractors for a variety of goods and services ranging from transportation of radioactive waste and demolition debris to electrical services, equipment rental, office supplies, video production and more.
Small Business Commitment
UCOR is committed to providing small businesses with maximum contracting opportunities and proudly supports locally-owned and regional small business. Our program divides small business goals into several socioeconomic subcategories, including:
Since the beginning of our contract, UCOR has consistently met or exceeded our small business goals. More than 80 percent of our subcontracted work is committed to small businesses. Additionally, UCOR hosts Small Business Forums to educate area small businesses about how to obtain contracts with UCOR.
Small Business Awards Program
Annually, several small businesses that are doing work with UCOR are selected to receive an award for outstanding service and mission support. These businesses demonstrate a commitment to safety and excellence which align with UCOR’s core values.
- Small Business of the Year:
• Workspace Solutions Inc., a Knoxville-based full-service office furniture company providing design, sales, installation and ongoing service.
• Tellico Electric Inc., a full-service electrical contractor in Lenoir City that is focused on heavy industrial and plant work.
- Small Disadvantaged Business of the Year:
• Steel Plate LLC/Knoxville Sheet Metal Works Inc., a Knoxville-based company with over 90 years of experience in certified welding and metal fabrication.
- HUBZone Small Business of the Year:
• Street Legal Industries, Inc., an Oak Ridge-based business that provides Professional Infrastructure Support Services to federal and commercial entities.
- Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year:
• Lynx Supply, Inc., a small, woman-owned nuclear and industrial safety supply company based in Oak Ridge.
- Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year:
• Southeast Equipment Sales, a locally-owned company that specializes in construction machinery and equipment rentals, including hard-to-find equipment.
- Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year:
• Premier Contracting & Technical Services Inc., an Oak Ridge-based business that supplies hard-to-find large equipment as well as industrial and office supplies.
Small Business Program Office
Please visit the Small Business Program Office site for current contracting opportunities and guidance on doing business with UCOR.